My friends and I are readers. We enjoy books for the stories and the emotional draw, for the characters and their situations. We don't dig for editor's mistakes. We won't trash your book for missing punctuation or slightly misused grammar. We just want to enjoy the story. And we want all our friends to know just how awesome independent authors can be. This is the place where the little guy will always shine like a star!

Without further ado, please say hello to....

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Em Woods


Book Title:   Impossible To Resist
Genre: Contemporary M/M
Publisher:  Total E Bound Publishing
Links to purchase:
http://www.total-e-bound.com/product.asp?P_ID=1204

Blurb:  
While Max’s biggest fear is being touched, his greatest dream is to be loved. Can he let Jeremiah close enough to heal, or will he turn away all that he wants for the safety of what he knows?

Max Eisner suffers from haptephobia, the fear of being touched. He refuses to let that stop him from living, though every second outside his house compounds his distress. Nor does it prevent him from yearning for that one man who will crash through those barriers and make Max his in every way.

Jerimiah Sandburg has watched the handsome man walk past his office door every morning for the past three months. Every day he has the same pained look on his face, flinching whenever someone brushes against him. Jerimiah isn’t sure if Max will trust him enough to work through whatever is bothering him, but he’s not willing to wait another day to claim the smaller man for his own.

Will Max listen to the call of his heart, or will he shut himself off once and for all?

Review: 
Reviewer: Allison

I want to first start by saying I fell in love with Em's style of writing immediately. The words weren't necessarily flowery and romantic, though they had their moments. But there wasn't a single superfluous line or phrase in the entire book. Every word had meaning and depth and played up for the entire story... at least in my humble opinion. I found myself completely enthralled, and didn't even skip through the sex as I find myself doing so much.

Now, for the story itself...

At first, I was confused about Max and Miah. I couldn't get a sense for where Em was going with these boys, which was a good thing, because it kept me reading and needing to learn more about them. It kept me guessing about how things would work out. I loved the fact that both boys had major personalities that almost seemed to clash in the beginning, but came together so wonderfully I loved the push/push relationship in the beginning and how they ended up being so damn cute with each other by the end.

Overall, this was a very sweet, intense, fast-moving read that I would recommend to anyone who is a seasoned fan of M/M romance, and even for the newbies to the genre. Great job, Em. Awesome story!



Interview:

1. Tell us a little bit about how Impossible To Resist came to life. What inspired the story? 

Actually, in the earlier days I did prompt writing from things one of the editors at Writer's Digest would post on their Promptly blog. This story came from that nudge, then I couldn't help but wonder what would happen for a man who didn't want, or couldn't be, touched...how would his HEA come around?

2. Who is your favorite character and what makes them so memorable to you? 

Max...definitely Max. He's such a good man, and he deserved a good man. Even if that man was a little flawed.

3. Tell us a little bit about yourself and what made you decide to write?

Well, I'm a thirty-something, a mom of two and wife to one terrific husband who gives me all the writing time I need. I'm multi-published with Total E Bound and Breathless Press, not to mention being a part of the most wonderful writing group, The Story Orgy, with whom we have three self-published anthologies.

What got me started writing? Well, I've written since high school, but a few years ago I took a creative writing class and my teacher encouraged me to join Romance Writers of America. She believed in me, so I believed in myself. Another friend offered to talk to her editor, and then off we went. It was exciting and scary and wonderful all wrapped into one!

4. Any advice for aspiring authors?

Practice, practice, practice. Search out other authors, ones that you think are better than you, and listen to their stories and how they came about. Learn from that, then find some courses on fictional writing, plot writing, characters. Research, both online and in real life. You'll be surprised where your characters and their quirks will come from.

5. Where is the best place to follow your work? 

My blog. http://authoremwoods.com

6. Any additional comments? 

Thanks so much for having me!

No comments:

Post a Comment