My friends and I are readers. We enjoy books for the stories and the emotional draw, for the characters and their situations. We don't dig for editor's mistakes. We won't trash your book for missing punctuation or slightly misused grammar. We just want to enjoy the story. And we want all our friends to know just how awesome independent authors can be. This is the place where the little guy will always shine like a star!

Without further ado, please say hello to....

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Susan Swann


Book Title: “Strings Attached” from the Dangerous Curves Anthology
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Short Story
Publisher: Ravenous Romance
Links to purchase:
1. Amazon

Blurb: Luscious cleavage, hips a lover can hold onto - these are only part of the wondrous qualities of the heroines in this varied and fiery anthology.

With stories from Courtney Sheets, Catherine Paulssen, Clarice Clique, Lucy Felthouse, Angel Propps, Maggie Morton, Anna Fondant, Susan Swann, and Rachel Kenley, there is something for everyone whether it is newly discovered passion, the deepening of an existing relationship, or some intense f/f action!

There is nothing hotter than a woman who knows the power of her own sexuality - and uses it for her pleasure and that of her partner!


Review:
Reviewer: Allison

Now, I’ve been following Susan in one fashion or another for a while now, and I’m more used to the paranormal, M/M stories she writes. And while the writing is still the same high-quality flourish of vibrant (or in some cases dark) descriptive words, this story wasn’t like anything I’ve read from her before. It’s literally a bodice-ripper with a Harlequin-esque feel to it.

The main thing I loved about it was Nora being a rather confident, though innocently shy, curvy girl. She had enough pride in her body to let a devastatingly handsome man do very sensual things to her in a very taboo place. And in the end, I was very pleased to see the hero not leave her high and dry (or wet, as the story turns out.)

The flow of the story was absolutely eloquent and I must say the author didn’t disappoint me one bit. I was immersed in her story even though this type of thing isn’t something I would’ve picked up on my own. I am however, very happy I did and I would definitely recommend it as a short, feel-good read for anyone looking for a quick escape.  

Interview:

  1. Tell us a little bit about how “Strings Attached” came to life. What inspired the story?
Serendipity, as much as anything. I happened across a call for manuscripts for a BBW (Big Beautiful Women) anthology at about the same time as I was playing with some ideas for erotica set in Minnesota. Sexy things DO happen even in the Frozen North… And the Klondike Kate competition is a real part of the St. Paul Winter Carnival, and it’s a perfect fit for a BBW theme.

  1. Who is your favorite character and what makes them so memorable to you?
I’d have to say Ruaraidh Collins. You won’t be meeting him for a while yet, because his book, Firestorm, is the fourth in my Soulshares series, and I’ve only just this week found out that Ravenous Romance wants the first in the series, Hard as Stone. But yeah, Ruaraidh. He’s a changeling, brought from the Fae realm as an infant and raised by an IRA Volunteer and his wife. A devoutly Catholic bisexual Fae who also happens to be royalty in his own world. Oh, and more or less a fire elemental. What’s not to love?.

  1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and what made you decide to write.
I think I decided to write in kind of the same way I decided to breathe. My mother recently found what was probably the first short story I ever wrote, when I was six years old, all about a suitcase that didn’t want to have stuff packed in it, so it ran away from home, and then discovered that it couldn’t really be happy until it was doing what it was meant to do. Kind of the same reason I write. Right after college, I put my newly-minted creative writing degree to work and submitted a short story to an anthology being put together by a writer I worshipped. Unfortunately, I got back a rejection letter that was not only cruel, but also very personal, asking me why in the world someone who wrote like I did would even want to consider herself a writer. I figured it was a good question, so it was almost 30 years before I ventured back into the world of print publication, when I submitted “Strings Attached.” But now I do consider myself a writer. Something in me has fundamentally changed in this last year. And I love it!

  1. Any advice for aspiring authors?
Well, first, don’t listen to unnecessarily personal critiques, even if they ARE from authors you idolize. And second, write what you genuinely love. You might not have the highest output in the world, but your love for what you do will shine through every word you write.

  1. Where is the best place to follow your work?
I’d love to recommend my blog, except that I’m completely technologically inept and I think I’ve forgotten my password to update it. (Maybe I need to talk to my teenaged son about that…) But I do keep up my Author page on Facebook, and you can always find the latest there -- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rory-Ni-Coileain/113709865406852?bookmark_t=page

  1. Any other comments?
Thank you for having me! – and now, if you’ll excuse me, a Lamia is tapping me on the shoulder and giving me a very impatient look…

No comments:

Post a Comment